Here is a list of Houston area summer camps if you are interested. Some are free and most have coupon codes for a percentage off! Great way to keep our kids busy and learning over the summer!
In addition, I told them to keep in touch via email- through the summer and beyond! I love to hear what is new in their lives. They all have emails set up through the district that they can use. I promised them I would respond and possibly even send a few wedding pictures. =) They can send it to my school email. email@example.com
Have a relaxing summer! I will miss you all. Big hugs!!
The 4th grade team wanted to send you a few reminders as the year comes to an end.
· Tuesday, May 29- Send a raw egg with your student to school on Tuesday for our egg drop. Maybe put it in a plastic cup with a paper towel (or something like that) to keep it safe on the trip to school. We don’t want any broken eggs on the bus.
· Wednesday, May 30- Ice Cream Party is from 1:35-2:20.
· Thursday, May 31- Half Day/Last Day- Please remember whether you elected to send a lunch with your student or have them buy a sack lunch and stick with what you put on the form previously. This will help our cafeteria run smoothly.
In addition, we want to let you know how to access your student STAAR scores when they are released on June 13, 2018.
· 1. Go to http://www.TexasAssessment.com/students
· 2. To access the scores you will need your child’s date of birth and unique access code.
· 3. There are three places you can locate your child’s unique access code.
o On www.TexasAssessment.com you can select “Find My Unique Student Access Code”. You will need to input your student’s first name, SSN or S-number, and birth date.
o On the bottom of your child’s previous STAAR Confidential Student Report.
o On your child’s Home Access Center page. Select the Registration tab at the top of the page. Under Testing Resources you will find your child’s Unique Student Portal Code along with a direct link to the Texas Assessment website.
· 4. For additional information on STAAR please visit: http://tea.texas.gov/student.assessment/parents/.
We look forward to ending this year on a positive note with all of your kiddos and hope this information helps! Have a wonderful summer!!
-4th Grade Teachers