This is a message from your Wildwood Elementary PTO Board:
Hello! We are looking for a parent (mom or dad) to fill a vacant board position of TREASURER for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year. Due to the increasing requirements by the IRS, we require that the Treasurer have an accounting/financial background. We hold two meetings per month, one executive board meeting and one general PTO meeting, that the Treasurer must attend unless otherwise excused for work or personal commitments.
The Treasurer’s duties, according to our Bylaws, are as follows:
The Treasurer is the authorized custodian of the funds of the WES PTO. This officer receives and disburses all monies indicated in the budget and prescribed in the local bylaws or as authorized by action of the organization. The Treasurer shall:
1. Follow all aspects of the WES PTO bylaws in regard to finance.
2. Present a financial statement at the WES PTO general assembly meetings.
3. Receive all monies of the WES PTO.
4. Keep accurate records of receipts and expenditures.
5. Along with the WES PTO President, develop an itemized budget for proposal to the executive board.
6. Complete and oversee the completion of all state and federal tax forms as required by law.
7. Submit records upon request to the WES PTO Audit Committee, or to a Certified Public Accountant hired by the PTO.
8. Submit end-of-year financial statements, including balance sheet and income statement.
If you or someone you know is interested in filling this position, or if you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]